HOW TO CALCULATE THE RIGHT QUANTITY OF FILET NET FOR YOU NEED?
http://filetlace.net/page/1345912 How to calculate the quantity of Filet Net you need
HOW TO CALCULATE THE QUANTITY OF FILET NET FOR YOUR PROJECT?
Filet Net is like any cotton fabric: it shrinks (5-15%). Calculate the size needed and add on each side to fix the material on the working frame or hoop.
Let's say your finished piece is 12" vertical x 18" horizontal
12" x 5 meshes per inch = 60 meshes + 5 meshes (1" shrinkage) + 15 meshes (1.5" + 1.5") to fix the net on the working frame = 80 meshes vertical
18" x 5 meshes per inch = 90 meshes + 5 meshes (shrinkage) + 15 meshes (1.5" + 1.5") to fix the net on the working frame = 110 meshes horizontal
HOW TO CALCULATE THE QUANTITY NEEDED FOR YOUR PATTERN?
1. Determine the total of meshes included in your pattern: meshes for the motif, plus the number of meshes to leave on all sides surrounding your motif, plus the border, or the pocket head of the curtain, or all other space needed to complete your project. Do not forget to calculate the shrinkage of the cotton (5-15%) depending on how heavy in cotton your embroidery will be. And than, about 5 meshes on each side to fix your net on the working frame or hoop.
2. Take the number of squares in your pattern vertically.
3. Divide this number by 5 --because this Filet Net is 5 meshes per inch
4. The result is the vertical size in inches
5. Do the same thing for the horizontal measurement
6. Example: 45 meshes vertically x 60 meshes horizontally
45 meshes divided by 5 = 9 inches vertically
60 meshes divided by 5 = 12 inches horizontally
So you would order a piece of Filet Net 5 larger than 9"x 12"